Feeling like you are always missing something or overwhelmed overall? Being a student can be challenging with deadlines, finals, friends and LIFE. Here are 5 Tips to help you stayed organized and productive.
Write down a plan or to do list. – Write down what needs to be accomplished in order of priorities by importance. There are white boards and chalk boards with monthly calendars or you have even pick up a fun planner to use.
Give everything a place in your apartment. – Make sure that if you buy something new, you know exactly where it will be place in your apartment and then proceed to get rid of one thing that needs to be either given away, recycled or thrown away.
Get rid of what you don’t need. – Speaking of giving one item away, get in the habit of going through your items and putting together a haul of unused stuff. Who knows, someone else may benefit from it.
Buddy System – Pick a friend that is really organized and ask them how they do it! Then you both can benefit from being organized together.
Do it now. – It sounds simple, but doing things right away if possible will really help. By procrastinating, tasks will pile up and then you will feel rushed and stressed.
We all dread our ‘Cleaning Days’, but what if there were ways to make these tasks so much simpler to complete? Read below for 5 quick and easy tips on knocking out your most tedious tasks!
1. Sneakers looking a little lackluster? Give them a quick brush with some everyday toothpaste to get them shining like new!
2. Cutting board looking a little “used?” Run a wedge of cut lemon slices on the cutting side of the board to get rid of some of stains and smells. The cut board will be left looking fresh and so clean!
3. Do your clothes have a few greasy stains on them? If so, no big deal, take some dish detergent and warm water right to the stain to fight even the toughest of grease stains! The dish soap is gentle enough to not damage your clothing.
4. Sponges collect SO MUCH BACTERIA! No worries though, give it good rinse with soap and wring out the remaining water. Afterwards, you will need to zap it in the microwave for no more than 1 minute and your sponge will be fully disinfected!
5. One thing many people over look is their shower liner, which can collect mold and mildew over time. Take it down and throw it in the wash with some towels. If you are able, Bleach will help clean it thoroughly leaving it looking brand new!
5 simple tips which should leave your apartment that much cleaner! Keep an eye out, we’ll be back soon with more!
The beauty in the month of May is not just the in the colorful changes that let you know Summer is right around the corner, but also all the eventful dates you get to add to your calendar this month. There are many occasions worth mentioning, but we have picked just a few of our favorites and here is why!
May Day! Celebrated on May 1st, varies depending on where you are located in the beautiful universe. No matter where you are, use this day to take a moment to smell the flowers and smile into the atmosphere.
Cinco de Mayo! Celebrated on May 5th, not to be confused with the celebration of Mexican Independence which is celebrated on May 16th. Cinco de Mayo has molded into a day filled with songs, dances, and family gatherings to celebrate the rich Hispanic culture.
National Teachers Day! Celebrated on May 8th, gives you the perfect opportunity to tell your teacher/professor how much of an impact they have made in your life. A teacher is an individual who gives their life to help enrich yours, tell them Thank You today!
Mother’s Day! Celebrated on May 13th this year, lands on the second Sunday of May each year. Use this day to celebrate your mom and all she has done to help you get to where you are today. Mother’s Day is not reserved for just one person, this is a day to celebrate any woman who has made an impact in your life in a motherly way.
Memorial Day! Celebrated on May 28th this year, is a day we dedicate to all of our service men & women who have given their lives to protect our freedom in this country. Most will celebrate this holiday by attending a parade or honoring and remembering those who have served, past and present.